Friday, July 18, 2014

Unexpected Joys

As we moved to our new apartment last week I was looking forward to many things.  I was excited to have my own kitchen and more space.  I wanted to get settled and was happy for my kids to have room to just be kids.  However after we had moved I also discovered some unexpected joys. 

Because we are still working in the mission house and also need to use the refrigerator in the main house as we are waiting for the electric hook up, each day involves a lot of walking up and down the hill.  I’ve lived at the mission house for 3 years but most of our work has been walking out of our room to the kitchen and back.  Basically we spent a lot of time indoors.  We live on a beautiful mountain, covered in trees and plants and with an array of different birds and animals.  Now, each morning and several times during the day we make the 50 meter trek up the tree covered driveway to the main house.  Usually I am carrying the 22 lb 10 month old with the 3 year old in tow.  However we’ve discovered that this is one of our most enjoyable times of the day.   The smell and sounds of walking up the hill is just beautiful.  We see squirrels and birds and lizards and I love Benji's amazed "duhs!" as he points at things.  Its a short walk but such a reminder of the beauty of God's creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment